South Africa Tourism Information
When you decide to travel to a foreign country, you need to find out everything you can about going there. You will want to make sure you are going to have the best accommodation, the best sight seeing opportunities, and the best way to journey around the different areas. You also need to have some knowledge about the culture, lifestyle, currency, and other aspects that will make your vacation even more enjoyable and easier. Here are some of the most common and important tourist information guidelines that you will need to know when traveling to South Africa.
Tourist Information Hotline
If you want more information on how to get to South Africa and the various province, what you should bring, options of where you should stay, and what there is to see among other things, there is a one-stop tourist call center run by South African Tourism to assist you in languages including English, Dutch, French, Italian, German, Mandarin and Portuguese.
The center is based in Johannesburg and is connected to local lines in various countries all over the globe to offer information on every aspect of travel to and within South Africa.
Over 5000 calls are handled by professional operators every month and all email inquiries are responded to as well. This line is associated with the national database of South African Tourism, which offers up-to-date information on all products and services such as transport, accommodation, activities, contacts and events. Tourists can even call the hotline for advice on what to do in any kind of emergency.
The centre operates 365 days a year and is open 24 hours a day for English speakers. For European languages, the centre is open from 09:00 to 19:00 South African time, which is GMT +2, and for Mandarin from 13:00 to 21:00 China time.
If you are already in South Africa, you can call 083 123 6789 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
International callers can also use the number above (+27 83 123 6789) and e-mail address, but callers from the countries listed below can use the local numbers and language-specific e-mail addresses for quicker and cheaper assistance:
COUNTRY | NUMBER | E-MAIL
- Australia: 1800238643 | email@example.com
- Austria: 0820 500739 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Belgium: 0800 74283 | email@example.com
- China: (86) 10 65 320171 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- France: 0 810 203 403 | email@example.com
- Germany: 01805 722255 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- India: 0008004401083 | email@example.com
- Italy: 800-925245 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ireland: 01-6030996 | email@example.com
- Netherlands: 0900 2020433 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Switzerland: 0848 663522 | email@example.com
- United Kingdom: 0870 1550 044 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- United States of America: 1-800-593-1318 | email@example.com